Thringstone Bowling Club Environmental Policy
Thringstone Bowling Club believe that as a community sports club, we are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable way. The Club is committed to reducing our environmental impact.
This policy has been agreed by the Club Management Committee and is publicised on the Club’s website (www.thringstonebowlingclub.org.uk). A copy of this policy is also posted on the Club’s Notice Board in the Clubhouse.
It is the Club’s policy to:
- Comply with the requirements of relevant environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Manage our activities with consideration for the environment by promoting a culture of environmental awareness throughout the club
- Reduce energy consumption by the use of energy-efficient products and energy efficient buildings
- As far as possible purchase products and services that are environmental friendly and do the least damage to the environment
- Endeavour to reduce waste and minimise pollution and reuse or recycle as much as is possible.
- Minimise water usage in our facilities and for our bowls green
- Continue to enhance the appearance of Thringstone Bowling Club with respecting wildlife and its natural surroundings
- Demonstrate our responsibility as a good neighbour by supporting environmental initiatives in our local community
- Encourage Club Members to adopt and take responsibility for the implementation of the Club’s environmental policy
- Ensure that the Club’s environmental awareness and activities are periodically reviewed by the Club Management and communicated to Club Members
- Appoint a member of the Club to have specific responsibility for monitoring and managing the Club’s environmental performance